The Gotham Ruby Conference (GoRuCo) is a one-day event that will take place in New York City on June 4, 2011. It is a technical conference aimed at highly motivated programmers interested in all things Ruby.
You’ll spend the day among Rubyists, Rails developers, and language enthusiasts in New York City, home of Silicon Alley. The agenda will feature 7 speakers and an open session of lightning talks by attendees.
- 10:00 a.m. - Few Constraints More Concurrency, Ryan Smith
- 10:55 a.m. - Less - The Path to Better Design, Sandi Metz
- 11:50 a.m. - Blow Up Your Views, Jeff Casimir
- 1:45 p.m. - HysteriaEngine: Ruby Does Violence in the Name of Science, Casen Rosenthal
- 2:40 p.m. - CoffeeScript for the well-rounded rubyist, Jeremy Ashkenaz
- 3:45 p.m. - Using your Database, John Crepezzi
- 4:40 p.m. - Build it and they will come (Rubinius Edition), Evan Phoenix
OMGPOP is giving away 2 tickets (valued at $199 each, no strings attached) to GoRuCo. This event is SOLD OUT, so this might be the only way left to attend this event. Why is OMGPOP giving two tickets away? As you may have read through the rest of our engineering blog, our entire API is written in Ruby. We love what Ruby does for us, and want to return the favor to the community.
If you are interested in scoring a free ticket, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “GoRuCo Ticket” with a brief synopsis of yourself (or your website), and the winners will be announced no later than Thursday evening.
Update: We had a whole bunch of entries, but congratulations to our two winners —
Thanks to everyone for expressing interest, next year we’ll have to give out more!
- omgdev posted this